Saturday 14 March 2009

Small but mighty

Yesterday I finished painting my current batch of over 200 Adler 6mm figures for my main wargaming project: Napoleonic 1809 Danube Campaign using the excellent General de Brigade rules (a link to the rules own forum and the Adler Miniatures site can be found in my links). Now they await basing, but before I do this I thought I would post some pictures. (Click to enlarge)



























The pictures show one line regiment of French and one Austrian both of three 36 man battalions. With these based and varnished I will have nine French and six Austrian line battalions plus a four gun Austrian battery complete. I will post some pics of the finished articles when these are done, before starting on another 200+ of the little blighters.
T.

5 comments:

  1. Doing some research am I right in saying the French had 48 batns and Austrians 49 batns. a lot of brush stokes Will they be ready to engage on the 22 April?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope to have a division a side ready by 22 April. Getting a Corp a side done is a long term aim :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work mate. Can you do a tutorial on your painting technique at all with pics?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David, thanks. Thats a good idea though there isn't really much to it. I just use a black undercoat and lighter colours than I would normally use to give a strong contrast that makes the detail stand out. I'll be starting some more Austrian soon so I can do a step by step for them if you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what base sizes do you use for your French and Austrian infantry companies?

    ReplyDelete